travelling by car
A) within Germany:
· Motorway A95 (Munich / Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
· Highway B2 (Munich / Garmisch-Partenkirchen /
· Take the motorway from Munich to Garmisch (A95).
· Follow the road until you leave a tunnel.
· Upon leaving the tunnel, take the first exit (slip road)
signposted Garmisch Reute A23.
· Then follow the main road; after about 1 mile you will enter
Garmisch. Look out for a large yellow hotel “Sonnenbichel”
on your right.
· Keep on driving for about ¾ of a mile and with the help of your
map you will find us on the right hand side. Our house is about
60 metres away from the Burgstraße in the second row of
houses behind house no 35.
· If you pass an AGIP gas station on your left side you have gone
too far! Turn into the gas station and change direction.
· If you have any difficulty in finding us, please call us on
08821 53400 or 0171 2340001.
B) Travelling from Austria and Switzerland
· Motorway A12 (Landeck-Kufstein) – Exit Imst
· Highway B314 (Imst-Reutte) till Lermoos
· Highway B187 / B24 (Lermoos – Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
C) Travelling from Austria and Italy
· Motorway A13 (Brenner-Innsbruck)
· Motorway A12 (Innsbruck-Landeck) - Exit Seefeld
· Highway B177 / B2 (Seefeld / Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
4. Travelling by rail
· Garmisch can be reached by rail from both Munich and
Innsbruck with the Werdenfels Express. Trains run in both
directions hourly (between 06:00 and 23:00 daily).
· There are also direct connections from Hamburg (at present
saturdays, Hamburg main station departing 9:02 AM, arriving in
Garmisch 4:34 PM) or Berlin (at present saturdays, Berlin
Zoologischer Garten, departing 6:15 AM, arriving in Garmisch
· For detailed travel information visit the online timetable at
www.bahn.de or call the information desk (within Germany!)
on telephone 11861.